Monday, October 6, 2008

Survived the Quarter End Weekend

The first week of any month for me, an accountant, is always the busiest, but out of all the months, the week following the quarter end (January, April, July, and October) is horrendously hectic! My group is responsible for debt and fixed asset reporting (which are huge areas of our real estate business!) so we stayed late Wednesday-Friday and also came in on Saturday (9-8pm) and we unfortunately had to come in on Sunday as well. Thankfully, I only worked 6 hours.

Sunday was a difficult day for me. I went to church at 9am, but ended up leaving at 9:30 because my continuing feelings of disconnectedness at the church was punctuated then. I knew I had to go to work, so instead of getting emotional I did the sensible thing and left so that I could arrive at work composed. :-D

After I got back from work, I called my friend, Angie. She came by and I vented my frustrations. We ended up going to a sushi place next to my apartment complex for dinner before she had to meet her boyfriend. I was very grateful for her! I just needed someone to bounce some things off of.

This afternoon I was doing my daily walk at lunch and the Ginny Owens song "If You Want Me To" played on my iPod. It really spoke to me. Of course, I am really very blessed with so much in my life...and I know that those frustrations and struggles are nothing compared to what other people go through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNzOpKvPfw&feature=related

No comments: