Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dinner, Movie and Airport Pickups

Friday night I left work and met my friend, Helen, for dinner at Marie Calendars. Helen is a missionary in Sevilla, Spain. She visits once a year and I was very grateful that I got to see her since I will be out of town starting Monday. She caught me up on all that's going on in her deejay ministry in the culture of Spain. There is only a 1% population of Christians in Spain and the culture is very prohibitive of talking about religion. Very interesting situation.

After meeting with Helen, I drove to meet Angie at AMC Theaters to watch Julie & Julia. It was a cute movie, although I would say it's more a rental movie. Meryl Streep did a great job as Julia Childs. It was a 10:20 movie so we didn't get out of it until 12:45 or so! Of course I've been trying to organize my spare bedroom, so I stayed up getting a few things organized.

I woke up this morning at 7 so that I could get a few things done and get ready to pick up my nephew at the airport. I was a bit early, so I really got to know L.A.X. I went around 8 times, so I'm pretty sure I can list out every airline at each terminal! Thomas was able to help me clear out the spare bedroom, put some things in storage and pack my car with things to donate to Salvation Army. He was such a trooper. Once we dropped off the items, we went to Kohl's because I needed to get a new blanket. I ended up getting a few outfits for Kaylen (to bring to CO for her dedication) and another gift for Sebastian's birthday. I threw in an outfit for Thomas since he's kinda cool.

We had lunch at Islands and then headed back to his dad's house. My brother has a great looking backyard. He's got a white picket fence that holds in a coy pond, some beautiful statues. There is a treehouse in the back, and a slightly raised patio with the another statue in the middle of it. I'm not surprised that it is well put together, since Todd is a genius landscaper. Several of my siblings get this gift from Grandy, my maternal grandfather. He could grow anything. Unfortunately, I do not believe this green thumb passed to me. The only thing I can seem to grow is orchids and that's because they do better if you ignore them!

No comments: