Saturday, January 22, 2011

Women's Retreat Part 3

After our personal quiet time, my fellow roommates came back to our room to have a bible study. Michelle lead the study questions but we didn't have much time before we had to head over to lunch. Again the meal was delicious and the people I sat with were very sociable.

We had free time after lunch and I used most of the time to relax and read. I originally was going to go play tennis but that fell through and I was kind of glad because I wasn't in the mood. :)

At 4pm, I attended a breakout session that was about God's greatness in singleness. It was mainly focused on waiting on God and unearthing the lies we start to believe about God when we don't get what we want when we want them. But we need to remind ourselves that God works all things for good and the session was a reminder of that.

We had dinner before our evening session. The evening session began with a touching testimony. The worship time was awesome and by the end of it I was emotionally exhausted.
I went to bed early again and slept with peace.

The next morning I woke up fresh and met up with Jenn to load the car with our bags before heading over to breakfast. I loaded up on protein so that I could last throughout the morning session and our drive home. Brenda Chance lead the morning session and it was exactly what I expected to hear about God's greatness. Brenda also provided a handout for us to take home that had various attributes of God and how those prove how great He is. I read through it once and I plan to go over it again in my quiet time.

King's Harbor Church gives a time at the end of the retreat for others to share how they were affected by God's greatness over the weekend. It was very moving and an awesome way to end the retreat.

No comments: