Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nutcrackers

I drove from Kentucky to Ohio to visit with John. I arrived late that Monday night so we just caught up that night and then we went over to the Kidd's (where I was staying).

The following morning I had brunch with Corrine Kidd and Annie Baxter before I headed over to John's.

Our plan was to crack the walnuts he had cured for 2 months. He had four bags. Here he is opening the first bag.

Because the black walnuts were so hard, he had to smash them with a hammer and I would leave the table because pieces would fly everywhere!
Then I would sit back down and start taking the meat out of the shells with John.

One bag produced about 2 cups of walnuts. We only ended up doing one bag together because it took 3 hours! He did the other bags on his own later.

Here are the shells from our work.

Later on, John and I went to an Indian restaurant for dinner. Here he is enjoying a game on his phone.
I wish I could've stayed longer, but I left the next morning really early.

No comments: