Friday, October 22, 2010

Chili for Charity

Tonight I went to Love INC's Chili for Charity event. I had so much fun! I sat at Jenn's table with Scotti, Nicole, Alan,Lisa W.and Lisa H.
Just when I arrived. Pictured: Jenn (next to me), Scotti (below me) and Nicole
Almost everyone dressed up in western wear and had a Yee-haw of a time! First off was the raffle ticket purchasing and then going over to choose which prize to shoot for. I liked the idea that you could pick which item(s) you wanted instead of ending up with something you'd just regift later!

Then it was dinner time--chuck wagon style! We were served frito boats with a salad and corn bread on the side. Coffee, water and lemonade were the beverages offered. It was delicious, down home (as down home as Hormel's gets you! ;) cookin'. Here's a pic of my buddy, Alan, and I, waiting for our grub. Finally, there is a picture of me where my head doesn't look huge (see previous picture):
Here I am about to dig in:
After dinner, there was two musical groups for the entertainment and then there was line dancing. You can see that Lisa W. (a former professional dancer) was the leader of the pack:
Lisa Harden was the big raffle winner of the night: she won two raffle prizes and they were awesome ones (5 car washes with detailing and a Murad gift certificate):
Alan bought raffle tickets and put them all towards winning "The Duke" in cut-out form and HE WON!!!

Everyone had such a wonderful time!

No comments: