Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dumpster Diving with Alice

Alice flew into town Saturday morning in order to go to a wedding. Originally, she had a hair appointment, but I talked her out of it so she could go shopping with me instead! We went to the Galleria. We had to stop at Chick-fil-A, Alice's favorite place (and I was doing an anti-boycott, to offset some people who didn't like Chick-fil-A because they support Focus on the Family and FoF doesn't support lgbt lifestyles).

After lunch we went to The Limited. It's my favorite place and I think Alice likes it too. :) While we were there I said, "Dang, I had $50 off coupons and I recycled them. I think they are in the recycle bins at my apartment complex." We purchased our items and when we left, Alice said she wanted to dumpster dive for the coupons--it was $50 off for each of our purchases.

So, I promised her that we could dumpster dive and that I would blog about it. Sure enough, we got back and went to the recycle bins and we checked the bags I had dropped in. To no avail. Then I realized that I had put the coupons in a pile of other catalogs in my bookcase. All that for nothing.

As we were walking upstairs, I realized I didn't have my keys. Turns out I accidentally dropped them into the recycling bins! Whoops! Alice was a trooper and got them out (she's taller and has longer arms--she's a rockstar)

Anyway, we were able to find the coupons and we were both able to get the $50 off...I ended up getting a few more things with the money I saved. :) I wore almost everything this week! I love my purchases! No buyer's remorse for me. :D

No comments: