Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kings vs. Ducks Hockey Game

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to my first professional hockey game: L.A. Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks at the Staples Center. It's a huge rivalry. James got the tickets from his friend, Troy, who is a season ticket holder. Although the tickets were free, they had their price--James kept getting taunting texts from Troy that he expected me (yes, me!) to kill a duck for him! It was quite hilarious, especially when the Southpark cartoons came on where the character ran over a duck.

James is a pretty huge hockey fan. He has his very own Kings jersey, with his name and number (Stone and #6), as well as a "C" on the front for captain. Of course his jersey has purple on it, so you wouldn't find me wearing that style. Maybe the new logo that only has silver and black only.

Last time I was at a hockey game is was the Harvard vs. Cornell game where my friend, Ben, was cheering for his alma mater (Cornell) while we sat in the Harvard section. Oy! :) I've always liked hockey because it is very fast-paced. The Kings lost in overtime. It was quite unfortunate.

During one of the breaks between periods, they had "Sumo Wrestling Hockey." It was hilarious to watch!
Man down:
Here's a picture of James and me enjoying the game:

No comments: