Friday, April 8, 2011

Nicole's Birthday Dinner

It was a packed room (The Pope Room to be exact), filled with Nicole's friends to celebrate her birthday. A few minutes after everyone ordered their drinks, Jenn approached me to tell me that everyone on her side of the table had decided that I should be the one to order for everyone, since we were at Buca di Beppo's and they serve family style meals. I quickly accepted the duty and got together a good order of 3 salads (including an antipasto salad), 5 main dishes and 2 orders of garlic bread. Lisa W. could only stay a few minutes, so James suggested that we wrap up any leftovers and bring them to her at church (she works in children's ministry and most of the group was planning on attending service after dinner). Isn't that thoughtful? The leftovers turned out to be perfect for one person! Perfect! Nicole asked for no gifts, but I couldn't resist getting something in the theme of her mission's trip. So I got her a "Missions Preparedness Kit". Nicole and Andrea (to Nicole's left in the picture below) are going to Mexico. The bag was so cute and I included a list of the contents in the card attached. Nicole read it aloud. My favorite item: imodium (you know why). :D Nicole inspecting the items:
After the glorious meal, our server and his server friends sang to Nicole and brought over a celebration cake (I ordered it beforehand). It was a buttercream and coconut frosted white cake, but the insides were colored in the italian flag colors.

I cut the cake, with James assisting me! It was so delicious!

No comments: