Saturday, April 9, 2011

Visit with Alice in Northern California

I stayed with my good friend, Alice, while I was up in Northern California. We had such a great time! My first night there we just caught up on all the goings on in our life. The next day I went to visit with Kristin and Lynn and when I came back it was Alice time! :) We decided to walk around the cute little town that Alice lives in-Walnut Creek. We ended up at McCovey's which is a baseball-themed pub for dinner. This is McCovey's number, which was painted on the ceiling (he played for the Giants): Here we are waiting for our table: Afterwards, we walked around and ended up at the grocery store to get cookie dough to make chocolate chip cookies. They were yummy. :) The next morning, we went to the Neighborhood Church, which is now Alice's church. I really enjoyed it and was impressed that they had a choir AND an orchestra! Wow! Afterwards we went to Pyzano's for pizza.
From there we drove to San Jose to go to the Winchester Mystery House. Here I am eagerly waiting for the tour to start.
I had been on this tour back in 1994 and I can tell you it was very interesting. This time, it was the worst tour both Alice and I had ever experienced! The guy was new so we tried to give him some grace, but he couldn't even pronounced 'mahogany'! It was frustrating because it was Alice's first time there and I felt bad that she didn't have a good experience. :(


Alice drove me to the airport after that! Despite the tourguide fiasco, I had a great time on my visit up north!

No comments: