Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tri-Tip Roast Experiment

I started back on a diet that will help my hypoglycemia and on top of it being a regimen of regular protein, it is low sodium. I decided to create a new crock pot recipe! First, I started out with pearl onions: I added potatoes (although I had to reposition them in the pot when I put the meat in:
Here is the tri-tip roast, which is a nice lean meat:
I added a low sodium vegetable broth (about 1 1/2 - 2 cups):
One can of tomato sauce (no salt added of course):
White pepper of course:
After I added the white pepper, I added italian seasoning:

Who could forget the garlic? I added about a tablespoon.
I also added some water so that most of the meat was covered:
Voila! 6 hours on low heat. It turned out really well. Maybe I would add another tablespoon of garlic next time. :)

No comments: