Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pre-Wedding Nails

Thursday night I stayed at Shelley's place. She had eye surgery earlier that day so on my way to her place, I picked up dinner for us and drove to south Redondo Beach to her apartment by the ocean.


When I arrived, our friend, Robyn was there for the first watch. :) Shelley was in bed sleeping off the anestesia. Robyn and I got caught up with each other and then Robyn left. Shelley got up eventually and we ate dinner. She went back to sleep and I got my bed ready (her couch). :) I actually had a comfy sleep. Much better than sleeping on my own couch for more than a nap. Too soft. :p


I took Friday off. I was happy to do it because I wanted to avoid the 405 freeway during "Carmeggedon" even though looking back now it wasn't a big deal. The thought of the driving stress was a lot for me. Besides that, I liked the vacation day! I woke up on my own and went to Jamba Juice to get steel cut oatmeal topped with berries. One of my favorite breakfasts and one I don't enjoy as often as I'd like. After that I had to go to the bank to get money out for the later that day and the following one.


I came back to Shelley's to check on her and officially get ready for the day! I was able to get some studying in before Robyn visited and we went to the Farmer's Market that is a few blocks away every Friday. Shelley had a list of things she wanted so we mainly got her items, although I couldn't resist getting Grandma Sally's preserves, which are low sugar and delicious! Robyn had never been to a Farmer's Market so it was fun seeing her enjoying herself.

Robyn left shortly after we arrived back at Shelley's apartment. I finished some auditing questions and checked up on Shelley before I left to meet Helen, the bride in the wedding I would be in that Saturday.


I met Helen at May Beauty Salon so that we could get our manicures and pedicures. When I arrived all of the workers must have been bored because I felt pressured to start the manis and pedis before Helen arrived. I had to explain to them that I was waiting for my friend.

Helen came in and they all remembered her from when she had gotten her nails done for her engagement pictures.

Here is the Bride-to-be:We chatted with eachother about the wedding plans and suddenly the new customers were adding their comments!

No comments: