Saturday, October 18, 2008

Counting the Days

The other day I got to talk to my nieces and nephews on the phone. When I was talking to Rebecca, she said, "I'm happy you will be coming for Thanksgiving." I said, "Me too. I am excited. I am counting down the days." In typical, detail-oriented Rebecca fashion, Rebecca asked "How many days?" I was totally caught off guard since "counting down the days" is a general expression! But, you know kids, they take things literally, so I had to scramble to try and figure out the number of days left. It was quite funny!

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving--I'm taking a whole week off!!!

Today I went to start my estate planning...I feel better already about getting things settled. It's been a concern of mine since my mom passed away. Since I am single, I have to think about that kind of thing in advance so I don't have to think about it after it's all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you'll have a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy a whole week off!!