Saturday, October 11, 2008

Horizontal

As I sat and reviewed the happenings of my Saturday, it occured to me that I spent a good majority of it horizontal. First, I slept in, if you can call an extra hour sleeping in.

Second was my 9am appointment at my chiropractor's office for my deep tissue massage. Boy, those massages are a killer. Apparently, but not surprisingly, I have serious knots in my lower back muscles! Julie, the masseuse, worked on those knots, as well as the ones in my shoulders (due primarily to me typing at a key board all day at work), for an hour before I was passed off to Dr. Perry for my usual stretches and reallignments.

The stretching I am referring to is also horizontal in position. I have to lay on my stomach while he pushes on my lower back as he pulls the bottom half of the table up and down. It's the best stretch of the lower back I've experienced. Then it was time for my adjustment. I think the massage helped because he usually can't crack both sides.

From the Pro-Active Wellness center I rushed over to my other horizontal appointment at Alegria Medspa for laser hair removal. Smooth legs are my goal in life. Sad, but true. What else do I have to strive for in life? Once this goal is complete, I will have no other desires to triumph over future challenges as they will pale in comparison. ;-)

At 2:15pm I met my friends, Liz and Colleen, at Regal Cinemas in Palos Verdes. We went to see "The Dutchess" staring Keira Knightley. I thought it was an okay movie, but I could have done without the pseudo-lesbian scene that is in it. I don't believe either Liz or Colleen liked that either.

Since we were in PV already, we planned to hike the fire trails after the movie. We finally have some fall-esque weather here in California, so I wore a jacket to protect against the cold wind. I basked in this requirement, as I sorely miss the fall weather back in Boston.

Our hike was relatively short since Colleen had never done the hike before and Liz remembered that the trip back was far more strenuous than the trip there (which is quite true!). It was a nice stretch of the legs and we had a nice chat with an elderly gentleman along the way.

Unfortunately, I had to end my fun for the day. I desperately needed to vacuum my apartment of all things...as well as do some work that I had brought home.

And so, I appropriately am ending my day as it started...horizontally....as I write this last word: Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewwww...that part about the adjustment was very vivid. ;) I miss you!