Sunday, May 3, 2009

Angels Baseball, Hiking and More

I was set up on a blind date a few weeks ago that went better than expected. I was taking a risk when the guy mentioned he had two tickets to an Angels game on that Saturday night. Usually, first (blind) dates are at an establishment that is 1) local and 2) is an event where either party can get out of it relatively easily if things aren't going well (coffee is the most popular thing to do). But when Marshall mentioned the game, I thought it would be a nice change of pace. Besides, I hadn't been to a baseball game in ages!

Marshall picked me up and we started the hour long drive to Anaheim. Conversation was very easy and sooner than we expected we had arrived at the stadium. We got our seats and got to know each other while occasionally looking at the game. We hit it off so well that Marshall wanted to check out my church, King's Harbor, the next morning for the 11am service. After church we went to lunch at Pei Wei and had a good time.

Well, long story short, we enjoy each other's company immensely. Saturday night he came to KHC's services and afterwards we went to Vince's Italian Restaurant for dinner and today we went on a beautiful hike in Palos Verdes. We went on more trails than I had ever hiked, which was a nice little adventure!

Here we are at the beginning of our hike:

One of the many beautiful views on the hike:
We ran into more lizzards than I had ever seen on a hike. Here is one little guy:

We made it to the end of our 3 hour hike. Marshall did a great job taking our picture, whereas I, on the other hand have 3-4 other versions that I tried that didn't turn out!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh wow!! I think you need to tell a little more! How's it going?!

Can't wait to see you soon! Send me your flight info when you can ...

Love,
Ginny

Heather said...

Hey, Alexis--he's a cutie! Wink! Keep me posted...there's magic in the water.