Monday, April 20, 2009

High Tea at the Four Seasons

Sunday I had brunch with my friend, Melissa, in Harvard Square at Leo's Diner. After that we walked around and window shopped and then drove down Mass. Ave and stopped at Marathon Sports. We had a good time catching up.

I walked to Harvard Square and it was a beautiful walk! I really love the houses in the New England area. So much so, that I took some pictures of interesting houses. The first two houses were across the street from eachother.
This house is actually owned by Yo Yo Ma (also one of my dream houses):
I had to take this "Halloween" house! If it was dark I'd be running from this house!
Melissa drove me back to Christy's. I had to change for High Tea at the Four Seasons. Christy and I drove separately from Tracy and Elan. The Boston Marathon was today so Sunday was crowded, but we managed to get a spot in the Commons parking garage.

Our server, Alex, gave us excellent service once we were seated. Because it was a special occasion, he served us special (non-alcoholic) drinks and served a delicious creme brulee.
The creme brule was in addition to various finger sandwiches, pastries, scones and desserts:

I decided on the crimson berry tea and it was delicious (and I'm not a big tea drinker). Of course, I loaded it up with tons of honey and I used a rock candy stirrer. ;-) Here's the bride and her maids (well, one matron and 2 maids)?

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Looking at your pictures makes me miss Boston! It sounds like you had a great trip. I had the same experience with a Boston cab driver. Looking forward to seeing you soon!!

Love,
Ginny