Monday, April 13, 2009

Rest of Easter

After my walk, I quickly drove to my place to get ready for lunch with my dad. I picked him up and we drove to San Pedro's Ports'o'Call to Acapulco restaurant. It was a good lunch, although a mariachi band was playing and it made it difficult to hear at certain times. That's when I found out my dad despises Mexican music because it's all horn.

After lunch I dropped my dad off and drove to Palos Verdes to spend the rest of the day with the Steip's. Scotti and Rich let me stay with them while I was recuperating from surgery. Andy and Katie (their kids, my sister, Erika's siblings-in-law) were there, as well as Jenn Gunn, a friend of mine and Scotti's mentee. Scotti's been mentoring Jenn for several months.

The dinner was delicious. Scotti served traditional ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans and so much more. We were all greated to the table by a chocolate bunny!

After eating, everyone but Scotti and I were tired, so Scotti and I decided to go on a walk/hike. We didn't have to exert ourselves too much, but just enough that we felt pretty good.

Here's Scotti surrounded by mustard (so she tells me):Here is one of the many spectacular views we had during our walk:


After our walk everyone watched "Marley & Me" while having dessert. I had to work hard at not crying (again) while watching the movie, but I succeeded in not shedding a tear.

No comments: