Monday, April 20, 2009

Trip to Boston April 2009

Wednesday I took a half day so that I could take the 2:57pm flight from LAX to Denver and then on to Boston. I arrived at 1am to Logan airport and took a cab directly to the Park Plaza Hotel for that night.

I had a hard time getting to sleep so I had to endure Housewives of New Jersey and the Millionaire Matchmaker. I was finally sleepy at 3am, but I figured I had asked for a wakeup call for 9:30 so at least it would be 6 1/2 hours. Of course, I wasn't expecting that housecleaning would try to open my door at 8:30! I don't even believe I responded intelligibly!

I woke up at 9:30 as planned and then got ready for the day. At 10:26am another maid (or was it the same one?) knocked on my door again asking adamantly when I would be leaving. My answer: "Is four minutes okay with you?" I was really irritated so I complained when I got to the front desk since I had called beforehand and the night before I confirmed that check out time was at noon, so it didn't make sense to me that I would be troubled at 8:30! The hotel didn't even apologize and only offered me a free breakfast after the woman at the desk asked for me to come back to make it better for me and my response was "Well, you aren't making it better for me right now."

I think I was more tired than anything else. I left the hotel, which is located in the Theatre District of Boston and I walked, with my bags through the Public Garden and the Commons, which set me in a better mood.

I used to walk through the PG and Commons every day when I worked at Liberty Mutual and I miss it.

Here are the Public Gardens:

The wind was a bit chilly but my walk warmed me up. Here is a view of the State Capitol building:
Here is a picture of my old church, Park Street:
I met up with my friend, Seona for lunch. Her building is located next to the "Pregnant" building. I just had to take a picture!
Seona and I ended up going to a sushi place for lunch:
We had a great time catching up!

From there I had to run to Macy's and get a shower gift since I didn't want to bring one on the plane. I splurged and had it gift wrapped. :-) From there I took the T to Harvard Square. Originally I was going to get picked up, but it was easier just to catch a cab. It was unbelievable because the cab driver didn't know where to go when I gave him the address! Ah well. Not everyone is an overachiever in their jobs, I guess.

No comments: