Sunday, June 13, 2010

Celebration Dinners

Friday night I was invited to a graduation dinner. Abhay Maniar, a previous coworker of mine, graduated with his MBA from Anderson School of Business, UCLA. I wasn't able to attend the ceremony because I had to work, but I was able to go to the dinner at El Torito Grille in Long Beach.
I had a really great time catching up with a few of my old coworkers, Patrice and Karishma, as well as talking with Abhay, his wife, Isabel and his sister, Shruti. The rest of the party was too far away to really talk to.

Saturday night I went to church and the sermon was again exactly what I needed to hear. It was about how God is always faithful, even when we are not faithful to Him.

After service, a group of my friends wanted to take me out to Sammy's Woodfired Pizza as a belated celebration of my birthday. It was very sweet of them. I wasn't raised with any type of birthday celebration, so when I get a dinner and presents it's almost too much for me. I feel blessed and overwhelmed.
Jenn (left) got a hold of my camera and had a little fun with Nicole:
Jenn also encouraged Heather, Lisa and Angie to be silly for the camera:
Here's Nicole really enjoying the sundae that was served as the birthday treat:

I got so many presents! Jenn gave me some cucumber scented toilettries, Lisa got me several wonderfully scented candles and lip glosses. Heather and Leslie got me a beautiful heart and key necklace. Angie, the supreme gift presenter, got me this amazing gift basket filled with Williams-Sonoma cooking items including a heart-shaped oven mitt, spatulas, a scrubber, a happy birthday martini glass (with 4 personally wrapped tin foil and flower stickered chocolate-covered oreo cookies). She also included chocolate pasta (that will be interesting once I have someone to cook it for), dish towels and pink measuring spoons and cups. Angie is amazingly gifted. I keep telling her to go into business!
My weekend ended with a yoga class and then at about noon I met my friend, Liz, at the nailspa that is right next to my apartment building. I got a mani & pedi while Liz got a pedi. Afterwards we went to Open Sesame for lunch. I always have a great time with Liz because she is a very positive and upbeat person! But my fun had to end because I needed to study! Ugh. :)

No comments: