Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dinner, Movie and Barbie Cake

Today I met up with my friends, Liz and Dyanelle. We went to see "Killers" at the Del Amo AMC. It was a cute romantic comedy although the ending was a bit anti-climactic. It was still funny so I enjoyed it.

We headed to Lazy Dog Cafe for dinner. I had my usual wedge salad and spaghetti bolognese. Since my birthday is tomorrow, Dyanelle convinced me to have a drink in the new birthday wine glass she got me as one of the gifts she brought! I had a peach bellini which is basically peach wine. It was good, but I don't hold my liquor very well so my head was swimming!

We had a great time chatting and reminiscing about growing up and how we used to play as kids.

Then the staff brought out my birthday cake--it was a barbie cake that Dyanelle had made!


I didn't tell Dyanelle this, but a few years ago my sister made a similar cake for my niece's birthday and I remember telling her "I want a Barbie cake!" So funny that I got my wish!

Tomorrow is my actual birthday which will be spent working, driving and going to class. But at least now I can have a piece of birthday cake on my birthday!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I remember loving those birthday cakes!! Happy Birthday, my friend!!

Love you,
Ginny