Monday, May 31, 2010

Angie's Move Day 2

I woke up this morning to find the following text message (sent at 7:57am): "Tons of purses and shoes to select. I am an ill person."

This text was from Angie. As she is moving, she is trying to get rid of a portion of the stuff she has accumulated over the 10 years she lived in her apartment. This meant that I (and a few other people) made out like bandits!

Here is the number of shoes Angie decided she didn't need. Some of them were brand new, others that she barely wore (all name-brand):
These are the shoes I decided to take. As I write this, I am wearing the fuzzy pink slippers...so cozy. :)
I was excited because I had been wanting (and looking for) new summery brown and beige shoes to wear to work, instead of my mary jane style shoes I've been wearing for winter. Now that my toes are done, I want to show them off!

I also got several shirts and a few other cloth items as well. Again, I had just recently ordered some more work clothes for the summer. As usual, my order starts out huge ($300-$500) but I tend to return about 75% of it. Thank goodness it's free postal return. :) I ended up keeping 4 items, but with the things Angie gave me (again most weren't really used) I have much more range in my work and casual attire with no additional expense. Whoo hoo!

In addition to that, I have 4 new purses, all great quality and in true Angie style, all high end brands. The gray and black one (coach) is replacing my extremely warn purse that I killed off from over use. I wear gray and black a lot so I needed a new one.

Angie also had other items that she wanted to get rid of like Christmas ornaments and decorations, as well as other holiday decor. She had two big boxes of clothes as well as some picture frames and things like wine racks, clock radios (brand new) and picture frames. Her neighbor, Joe, came by and offered to take 7 boxes off her hands for his Ebay business. That was a big help because it was my job to take the rest to Salvation Army!
Above is just a few things to be donated.

When I got home at about 4:30 I had to do laundry. While I was waiting for the wash to finish, I was inspired by Angie and decided to move my wintery/lesser worn clothes to my extra bedroom's closet. As some can attest, I have a lot of clothes. Part of the reason is I have a lot of (Boston) winter clothes like an ankle-length coat and sweaters, as well as my own little version of 27 Dresses. It was fun reminiscing when looking at my bridesmaids dresses from the weddings of my friends Lynn and Ginny! I also moved over my Halloween costumes and a few other miscellaneous dresses and other items.

Here is a picture of all the items I brought over (okay, there is more closet to the left that you can't see that is full):
Here is my new and improved closet:
The above is the center of the closet. Below is the right side (view is obstructed by a wall):
And this is the left of the closet (there is a sliding door that hides this side):
I also looked through my shoes and I will be donating a good amount of them as well. I love purging unused items, especially since someone else can get good use out of them. I know I didn't really purge the clothes, but I will. I still had to study tonight so moving them over was just the first step!

No comments: