Sunday, May 2, 2010

2 down 2 to Go

Saturday I took the second of 4 CPA exams. This was the Regulation section, which is basically individual and corporate taxes and business law (contract law, UCC law, Estates and Trusts, and Bankruptcy). I was really nervous about this exam because I have been kind of burnt out on studying. I finished the final review software (it had about 6 hours of lecture and refresher questions) on Friday night, thinking I should have reviewed more than I did.

When I arrived at the testing center, I was surprised that the waiting room was completely packed! Most everyone was taking one of the 4 CPA sections, too! I was finally brought in, my picture taken and my fingerprint scanned. I felt like I was being booked! The test went better than I expected. I was more confident in the subject matter in the multiple choice section and I think I did okay on the simulation section, but I'll see how it went when I get my score!

I decided that retail therapy was in order to destress from the test! I ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes (trust me, I restrained myself!). Here's one of the pairs:


I ended up running a few errands, running home to drop off everything and then getting dressed to meet Shelley and Carolina at the Catalina Coffee Company in Redondo Beach. I wore the pink sparkly shoes I just bought--love 'em!! Shelley, Carolina and I had a great time--we closed the place down!

Sunday morning I went to church at the 9am service. Then I drove to Coco's in Manhattan Beach to meet up with Alice and her friend, Rachel, who was visiting from Houston. We all had a fun time! Afterwards, Alice drove Rachel to the airport and then met up with me at Whole Foods to shop. Alice beat me by getting more things and spending a HECK of a lot less! It was fun hanging out with Alice even though she beat me! I need to learn her MAD shopping skills!

All-in-all it was a great weekend! :)

No comments: