Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catalina Restaurant

Friday night I met up with my fabulous gourmet foodies, Alice and Dyanelle. We went to Catalina Restaurant in South Redondo Beach. The restaurant was very cozy, even offering blankets for those patrons that were cold. Dyanelle is generally cold, so she took advantage of the perk. Here are a few of the delicacies we partook in. These are the crabcakes with avocado and mandarin oranges as garnishment. The red sauce the crabcakes are sitting in was a tad too spicy for my taste.

This was the Kyoto tuna. The tower was garnished with crisp persian cucumbers. The tuna didn't really have much of a taste, but if you ate it with a bit of the tortilla chip (which was lime flavored) it was delicious.

I didn't take any pictures of the main courses or dessert. I do remember that we had a "deconstructed s'more" and a toffee cake for dessert. It was all yummy. It was even better when Alice treated us!

No comments: