Saturday, June 19, 2010

Liz's Birthday

Today was a full day for me. I ran errands in the morning and then went to Coffee Bean to study and then meet up with my friend, Jenn. We had a great time catching up. I used to see her weekly at church and bible study, but since I've been studying for the CPA I only go to bible study in between class sections and I've been going to church at different times.

After that, I changed quickly and met up with my friend, Liz. We met at Del Cerro Park to begin a birthday hike that Liz wanted to go on. I am all for hiking! While I was sitting on a curb and changing my shoes, I thought the sight of one foot in a hiking boot and one foot in flip flops was representative of me in away. Born and raised in the beach cities but yearning for the more outdoorsy/hiking life. We had a great hike. Here we are at the beginning of our hike:
The sky was really blue, with very little clouds. Because we started out at about 4:45, the temperature wasn't too hot. There were a lot of lizards out. Liz (ha!) almost stepped on two! Here's one of the little guys:
On the way up the hike (it's a reverse hike where you walk down and then back up) it sounded like their were cicadas in the brush. Liz was not happy about that or the sounds of other wildlife rustling in the brush.

After the hike we drove to the Red Onion to meet Colleen, Gretchen and Shelley for a birthday dinner. I looked like a wreck after the hike, but nothing baby powder, a different top and jeans and a brush couldn't cure. :)

Dinner was delicious. Shelley and I shared a chimicanga which ended up being a perfect portion for each of us. Shelley brought a delicious chocolate cake to properly celebrate Liz's birthday.


Liz is a big burst of sunshine! She is such a positive, upbeat gal who's observations are not only funny but astute. It was so nice to honor her tonight.

No comments: