Sunday, August 14, 2011

Church on the Beach (the River Service)

My friend, Jazz Thompson, sent me a message letting me know that he was asked to preach at "The River" church's church on the beach service. I decided to come and support him and I'm so glad I did. Normally, church on the beach is a bit distracting, but I was sitting right up front and so I was able to focus on Jazz's sermon, which was awesome! He talked about prayer, acting like a Christian, and being wise. All things I needed to hear.

His handout asked "How is your prayer life?" and my answer was "It stinks!" This week I have a renewed focus on my prayer life.

Here is a picture of the ocean. I was very happy that it wasn't too hot because I dressed in clothes to go study in (jeans and a shirt, with a jacket I also brought along...it get's cold in "Study Jail" as my friend, Liz called it) afterwards.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Thanks for you nice comment on my blog. :) I just started reading a book you might like. It's called "With: Reimagining the Way You Relate to God." I heard an interview with the author on our drive out to IL, and that's what got me to buy it. Let me know if you read it! Love you!

Lexykins said...

Thanks for the book suggestion, Ginny!