Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hollywood Bowl - John Williams Concert

Friday night, my friend Liz (in green) invited me and her friend, Lynette, to dinner and then the Hollywood Bowl John Williams concert. We had dinner at CPK at Hollywood and Highland. Here is a picture of the Hollywood Bowl at the beginning of the performance. John Williams conducted the LA Philharmonic. Lynette and I were sitting closer to the front (Liz sat with our friend, Colleen in the nosebleed). Turns out they were better off because our row was so packed we had no room to breathe!



James Taylor was a guest. He narrated a story as the LA Phil played as background. Then John Williams persuaded him to play "Sweet Baby James".



At intermission, Lynette and I moved up to the high section. We were so happy to have room to stretch out! Here are Lynette, Liz and Colleen:

It was pretty hot and humid that night--no need for the jackets we brought, except to sit on for some cushioning!

During the Star Wars songs, people got out their light sabers to move in time to the music. It was really neat to see! I took video, but my blog doesn't like videos all that much. :(


Liz and I!

After the concert we waited for the crowd to die down and then we walked back to Hollywood and Highland (about a 15 minute liesurely walk). We all had a great time!



No comments: