Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Chores and running errands were the names of my game this weekend! Friday night (at 3:30 am I woke up and I was WIDE AWAKE :O) I FINALLY organized my second bedroom. I had let it go because I was studying for my exam, but now I don't have that excuse so I went through clothes and added to my donation pile. I also had a bunch of "twinkies for the brain" type books that I added to my donation pile. Now my second bedroom no longer has the half-inflated air mattress on the floor with the extra pillows I have and all of the bridal shower/wedding stuff I had leftover, I put it all away in the closet.

Saturday morning I went to the gym, came home to get ready for errand-fest! I went to the dry cleaners, my chiropractice office, then to Nordstrom Rack (found one shirt I would have bought but there was no way I was going to stand in the line that went three-quarters of the distance of the store to buy it). Then I dropped off my 4 bags of donations to Salvation Army before heading to Michael's. My plan was to buy a $2.99 bottle of fabric glue and I ended up spending almost $100 on scrapbooking supplies. I decided that since I have this time I'm going to make up a scrapbook from my friend's bridal shower.

After Michael's I went to Sprouts, which is a farmer's market type grocery store sort of like Whole Foods. I picked up a few things, including crumpets which I've been getting into. I'm not a fan of pancakes, but I like crumpets. Who knew! I was exhausted when I got home!

Sunday was a fun-filled day as well. Went to the gym then got ready for church. After church I dropped off an extra car battery I had (long story) to Jenn and Andy Steip who can use it! Yay! Now I have a little more room in the trunk of my car (I've been lugging around this battery for several months). Then I drove to Dad's to help him spring clean, which means helping him rediscover his tabletops! I was pleasantly surprised to see that the coffee table was already cleared off! Dad still has his cleaning lady come (although I think he stretches the time out so it's less frequent than I recommended, but something is better than nothin') and help with some of the papers. I think he felt better about things being able to take control like that, which is great! I sat down at the kitchen table with Dad and my nephew, Thomas (he was over to clean the pool for Dad). We chatted for a bit before we got to work. It really didn't take much time to clear off the couch (it had tons of papers-mostly catalogs) and the dining room table. I also picked up old mail that was there, including a letter from my old french pen pal who sent a letter in 1995 and it arrived this year!

After finishing up at Dad's I went to Todd's for any early (for me) dinner. He barbecued chicken. We had a good time. :) Then I drove home, changed, and then drove to Sports Authority to get a new bathing suit (nothing like trying on bathing suits to keep the spirits up) before meeting my friend, Shelley, and her friend, Patrick for dinner at the Seaside Palace, a really yummy persian restaurant. I always order the sour cherry rice with lamb on the shank when I go there--because I had eaten earlier I didn't eat much, so guess what I had for lunch for two days? :)

Monday I woke up and did laundry (4 loads!) and finished organizing my apartment, mainly taking the lamps and fans out of the living room and bedroooms to prepare for the carpet cleaners to come. I also moved my frame graveyard from my bedroom to the second bedroom so now my bedroom is more organized too. The carpet cleaners came almost exactly at 10 (they had a window from 10-12).

They cleaned my carpets and power washed the tile in my bathroom. That tile is the bane of my existence! So, I paid professionals to do it and STILL the calk needs to be replaced! But it does look better and my apartment building's annual inspection is coming up so I hope I can get them to replace the calk.

While waiting the two hours required before using the shower again, I started on that scrap book! I organized the pictures and worked on the backgrounds (just picking them out, not attaching them yet). After the two hours was up, I showered and got ready to meet my new friend, Hollis, at Wilderness Park for a walk. It is a beautiful little park and it was nice to get to know Hollis while getting in some exercise.

No comments: