Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love INC's Gone Country

Saturday I went to the Love INC's Gone Country fundraising event. Shelley went with me! I love this event because it is set up really simply and it's very effective. They have tables that show what ministries they work with and then some tables for raffles. You can buy as many raffle tickets as you want and you choose which items you want to try your luck at.

Andy, Jenn and Sophia joined us at our table! I was the typical Auntie, taking Sophia off Jenn's hands when they first arrived and then handed Sophia back as soon as she got fussy! :D

They served BBQ, so here's Jenn showing how she has to put a napkin over Sophia as she tries to eat her dinner and hold her child at the same time (via a Baby Bjorn). You don't realize how far you are from the plate until pieces of BBQ pork end up on the baby and you!

Here's Jenn entertaining Sophia in the back of the room when Sophia got restless.

The musical group for the evening was "Living Sacrifice" led by Cliff Young. When I heard the name, I thought to myself "I wonder if that's the Cliff Young I went to high school with?" Sure enough, it was! I went up to him after his performance and said hi. He actually goes to my old church, Rolling Hills Covenant. Small world!


Shelley and I went out and did the line dancing portion of the evening. Shelley got super red from the activity! We had a great time and I'm sure we'll end up in the newsletter because we were at the ends and quite visible.

Jenn and Andy left but Shelley and I stayed for the raffle. I never win these things but it's fun hoping!


No comments: