Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Home in West Chester, Ohio!

Saturday, January 21st, I made my last leg of the trip-from Cadiz, KY to West Chester, Ohio. It was only 300 miles...about 5 hours. I was told that Ohio is much colder than Kentucky and boy is that right! As I drove over the state line, the grass went from green to white! There was just an ice storm the other night.

John met up with me as I was going through the final paperwork with the Landings of Beckettridge staff. She also gave us the tour (pointing out any little blemishes) and after I signed the papers, it became my new apartment!

Once we were alone, John went out to his car and brought me this bouquet to say "Welcome to Ohio!"

The Landings at Beckett Ridge staff gave me this welcome package-isn't that nice?
Here is the kitchen from the dining room:
The stove with a dish towel my sister, Tanya, made from retro tablecloths:
My new bathroom:
Nice linen closet in the bathroom:
Living room and dining room from the front door:
We didn't have any furniture so John fashioned a table out of a box I had brought up from my car. We toasted my new place with a glass of Virgil's Black Cherry Creme Soda. It was really sweet.
We (well I) had to go shopping so we headed to Kroger and I stocked up. Then we cashed in on a free pizza at Donato's which I got in my welcome folder. :) It wasn't half bad. All in all, it was a great first day in Ohio.

No comments: