Friday, November 21, 2008

Food Drive Results

The Food Drive is over! My team won with 1,222 cans out of 7,014! I was excited to see that we surpassed the goal of 5,000 food items! The results are going to be announced on Monday during the Thanksgiving Luncheon. I won't be there since I'll be in Colorado. Here I am in the storage room with all the food items.
Here's more food that was collected:

I hosted a celebration for my team and gave out the prize for the most cans collected in the Cranberries Team. Oscar (probably the most competitive person in the company) won--he collected almost 600 cans! He won a 2 night stay in a hotel (donated by my sister, Erika).
Today I also prepared the prizes for the big contest. It is a Blockbuster gift card, a bag of microwave popcorn and two candy bars.
I am bummed I'm going to miss out of the luncheon, but I am glad everyone can get together and celebrate giving to charity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the food drive! I love all your updates. I've been MIA with a sore throat, too. Mine must've been viral like yours because it went away on it's own, but strep throat crossed my mind several times--especially when I woke up one night with the knife feeling in my throat, too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and trip! I can't wait to read about it here and see pictures!