Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Food Drive

Last year, I organized a food drive contest for the accounting department at work. I came up with the idea when I noticed that very few people actually contributed cans. I figured it would be successful since most people at work have a competitive nature. I was right--last year we collected over 1,700 food items! Not only that, but everyone really got into it and had fun with it.
This year, my company reluctantly agreed to do the contest company-wide. It was a VERY hard sell. This year there are 9 cross departmental teams. Each of the teams have a Thanksgiving related names. Most teams created team signs and they got really creative with them:





For my team, I gave everyone a can of cranberry sauce because my team was called "Cranberries".



The team captains also put effort into decorating their offices. This team captain's girlfriend is a kindergarten teacher. She had her class say what Thanksgiving means. Tom's team is "Pumpkin Pie" so he put "Put Your Food in Pumpkin's Pie Hole":



This is my boss, Arcy's team window. Her team is the Indians:


Mark Domash is Team Gravy's captain. His office had this tower of food displayed:

On the front of his window, it says "Top This!" As you can see, Team Gravy will "Top" the competition!



Almost everyone is having a great time with it--and we've already collected over what we collected last year! The contest ends on Friday...we'll see which team wins. My team is in the lead, but not by much!

No comments: