Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beach and RA

I spent this weekend catching up on my beach time and hanging out with friends.

Saturday I went to Hermosa Beach for a walk/run. I usually park at the Vons about a mile from the beach to warm up (and window shop!) and then I walk/ran along Hermosa, people watching along the way. I love to people watch because I see such a wide variety of people there. Today I saw a woman who was completely tatooed and she had such beautiful skin--I don't know why she'd want to cover it up with tatooes!

I went to work in the nursery at church on Saturday night, but I didn't stay the whole time because it was slow, mainly because it was the women's retreat weekend so most of the women probably took their babies with them. I was really happy to be able to attend the service, especially the worship time at the end (since I missed the beginning).

Sunday I got to sleep in! Boy I needed it, apparently because I didn't wake up until almost 11am both days. I went back to Hermosa for another run and was amazed that it was even hotter today. It must have been 85 at the beach! There was a band playing on the beach near Pier Ave. so I stopped by to check them out. Very raggae/steel drummish sound.

The pinnacle of my people-watching was when I saw a 8 year old kid log-rolling across The Strand in a card board box! I couldn't help but smile as I saw this dare-devil attempt and succeed at this feat! There were hundreds of walkers, joggers, rollerbladers, rollerskaters and bicyclist moving along The Strand, so for him to not have caused an accident was a miracle!
I spent a small fortune in CVS after my exercise (CVS is next to Vons) and then I went home to chill until I was to meet up with Angie and whoever else was going to show up at RA. Angie and I decided to go to this sushi bar on Saturday so we called around and asked our various friends to come. It ended up being me, Angie, Stephanie (my friend) and Sophia (Angie's friend).

Angie and I used to go to RA with our friend, Shelley, a lot of Sundays in the summer. Sunday night at 8pm is their happy hour so everything is 1/2 off. It amazed us how crowded it had become! RA is now the happening place in Torrance.

What's nice is that I still have one more day of my weekend!

No comments: