Sunday, January 25, 2009

Paul Aldrich and Beach


Yesterday I went to church at 6. The sermon and worship were great! Afterwards, King's Harbor was hosting a musical comedian, Paul Aldrich. My friends and I went and the cafe was packed! Paul was a funny guy, performing his many parodies, most memorably "I Kissed a Squirrel and I liked it". I laughed because I've gotten Facebook flair with that saying on it and I had no idea what the reference was! The song is a parody of "I Kissed a Girl and I liked it" for those of you that don't know.
I slept in this morning which felt nice...it made me have very vivid dreams. When I was sufficiently awake, I got dressed and went for a run along Hermosa Beach. I had decided to wear a sleeveless running shirt to give my shoulders some sun, but I didn't realize how windy it was today! I didn't mind the wind so much since I was warm from exercise, and I relished it when the warmth of the sun heated the tops of my shoulders.
While I was on my way back from the breakpoint between Hermosa and Manhattan Beach, I saw a couple trying to take a picture of themselves with the beach in the background. This is very difficult to do--trying to get yourselves and the beach in the picture, so I stopped and volunteered my services. Turns out the couple is originally from France, but live in Cincinatti and just came to get warm for the weekend. After chit-chatting, I said goodbye and wished them a fun rest of the weekend in sunny (yet windy) California!
I really like exercising along the beach. I only wish my feet could handle more of it. I have to remember to use my shoe supports to see if that helps. I would probably run every morning if I didn't have this problem! I have the right shoes, but after about 2 or 2 1/2 miles my feet get numb. Ah well, at least I am not completely incapacitated!

No comments: