Monday, August 9, 2010

Jenn and Andy's Rehearsal Dinner

Thursday I left work an hour early (after getting in really early so I wasn't taking too much time off) to drive to Palos Verdes for the rehearsal dinner. I was invited because I am family, which is sweet of Jenn and Andy to think of me.

From left to right: Lisa, Kirsten, Emily, Jenn and Damian.

Scotti and Rich had the taco bar catered and had 4 tables rented and placed outside in their backyard (which has a beautiful city view). I met the cousins from New Jersey and got to spend some time with Lisa and Bryan, friends of mine. My nieces, Lauren and Rebecca had a great time cuddling with Lisa under her blanket and shawl. I also didn't get any love from Sebastian (who was too busy being a boy) and Kaylen (who was enamored with her other aunt, Katie). No love for Auntie Alexis!

Kaylen and Aunt Katie:

Lisa and Lauren:
Lisa and Rebecca:
The desserts were to die for! They were made by Kristi Geere who is a friend of the family (Kristi's husband, John, was one of the pastors that married my sister, Erika and Brian, her husband).

Jenn and Andy passed around the gifts--the Spider-man (for the boys) and Tinkerbell (for the girls) backpacks were a real hit with the kids! They were all very excited about them.



After everyone left, the main family and I spent some time with Kenny and Sharon, who are like 3rd grandparents to Erika and Brian's kids. They are so sweet with them. They are from Maine so I talked to Sharon about New England fall foliage--oh how I miss it!!

I was exhausted from such a hectic day. I knew I would need to get some shut-eye so that I could survive the next day!

No comments: