Monday, August 9, 2010

Wedding Set Up

I took Friday off to help set up for the wedding. I had to get up and run some errands before meeting up with Erika and Angie at the wedding/reception site.

The room was quite plain before we got started. Angie and I were responsible for putting the organza sashes and daisies on the chairs. I went around and tied a simple knot in the sashes while Angie followed by tying the daisies (set in a vial to keep the flowers fresh) and creating a bow to make it look beautiful. Yep, I let Angie do her magic--I just did the simple (non-creative) step. After I was done, I placed the favors on the tables.



Scotti helped set out the table cards and Erika went around and set up the wedding area (for the sand ceremony and the communion the bride and groom were going to take part in). She also set up the Sweetheart table, the flowers and vases for the table card table, the cake table and the gift table.

Erika and I had put together baskets in the bathrooms (included a sewing kit, gum, mouthwash, etc). Erika had to leave for a hair appointment and to help get her kids ready for the wedding, so Angie and I finished up. Angie added some bows to the baskets as well as some other things here and there.
Angie and I left to run a few other last minute errands before she dropped me off. I quickly got changed into my wedding attire before going out there to see to a few last minute details.

I wish I had after pictures, but my camera broke before I could take them. :(

No comments: