Sunday, August 17, 2008

Colorado Trip August 2008

I flew to Colorado Springs on Tuesday, August 12th. My flight was delayed, so I had to take a later flight for my connecting flight in Denver. The security line was 2-3 times longer than it usually is at LAX. While I was getting initially screened (just the ticket and ID check) a supervisor with a bad attitude said I had too many bags. I did, but only because I have a CPAP machine and the old rules allowed one more bag if it is medical equipment. I tried to consolidate, but she said in an extremely hostile and rude tone, "That's not consolidating, go over there and do it!!!" So, I had to get out of the line and open my bags to consolidate some things in front of about 100 people.
I was not a happy camper. So, when I went over again to get checked, I asked the man who was checking my ID if it was now OK, he said he had to check with HER. So, with a satified and superior attitude she answered, "Yes, it's fine." I looked over at her badge to get her name and due to that she said irately "Do you have a problem?" I thought she was going to put up her dukes! I said, "No, no problem" and then thought to myself, "But you're going to have a problem in a minute."

After getting through security I went straight to the TSA security desk to talk to a supervisor. Turns out this woman wasn't part of their division but was helping out from another. The TSA supervisor called this woman's supervisor and I had to explain it to her and then to her supervisor's boss. They were both courteous and apologetic and said that they would talk to her. They better!

The flight from Denver to Colorado Springs was the most turbulant that I have ever experienced, but I survived!

My sister's kids weren't told that I was coming, so the next morning the kids were told to go downstairs for a surprise. I put the covers over me and said "Surprise!" when they came in my room. They all looked so surprised and said, "Auntie Alexis!!"

That night we had dinner and I gave them some gifts from my trip back in June. I also had 2 gifts for Sebastian for his 3rd birthday, which was the previous Sunday. We also had chocolate chip cookies, as you can see from Sebastian's lovely smile!

That night, Erika and Brian and I were watching the Olympics. Go Phelps! Gymnastics was also one of our favorites. While we were watching, I turned to tell Erika something and she had a suprise for me--hilarious!

Here is Brian and his blankie.

One of the nights I was there, we all went to Outback restaurant and had excellent service. Here's me with Kaylen--isn't she a cutie?



Here's Lauren and I after dinner!











The first day I was there, I fell on a small flight of stairs in my sister's house--here is one of the bruises (the one I can show you) that I got from the fall. The other one is where the sun don't shine! Erika and Brian usually joke that I have graceful falls ("And-one-and-two" is what Erika will say while doing a nice reach on her toes and down to ground) but this one was more like "Bam-bang-ouch!" I was ungracefully spralled across the stairs.

I've never spent so much time sleeping, as the kids and Erika take naps every day. For an insomniac, this was unusual for me. Of course, we stayed up late watching the Olympics, so we needed the sleep. The first nap we took was an interesting one: Lauren sleeps in Erika's bed and we were all lying there, waiting for sleep to come. Lauren looked over and told Erika "I have a bugger." Erika said, "You mean a booger?" Lauren nodded her head, "Yeah, a burger."

On Saturday we spent time running errands in the rain. We went to JoAnn's and then to JCPenney. We stopped and picked up Chick-fil-A and took it back home to eat. While we were eating, Erika asked Rebecca how she was doing. In an exasperated tone, she said, "I had a rough day." Erika asked her why and she said "It was raining and we had to run errands."



Sunday after church, we went outside to jump in puddles! Here is Rebecca and Sebastian having fun!

1 comment:

Shells said...

Hahaha, kids are soo funny! I have a burger! Hilarious!!! I am actually LOLing at school reading this!