Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rudolph's Nemesis

Yes, that's right...the truth is out--I am Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer's nemesis: Alexis the Beige-Nosed Accountant! Here's my mug shot.

I had a procedure done at the dermatologist's office this morning. First off, I went all the way to work and one of my staff said "I thought you had a doctor's appointment this morning?" Ack! So I rushed out and drove all the way back to the Southbay (Palos Verdes specifically) to try and make my appointment--I was only a couple minutes late.

I decided to get rid of the little mole I had at the tip of my nose. The first shot wasn't painful at all but I could still feel the procedure a little bit, so Dr. Fein gave me 2 more excruciating shots, which caused my eyes to tear up--which for me means several tears popping out of my eyes, as well as some falling down my cheeks. Involuntary reaction! The procedure itself was a piece of cake. I have to keep a bandage on my nose for another day or so.

I actually went home early because I am having annoying jolts of pain...I was too distracted to work. I feel a little better now...it's really not a big deal. I told my boss, Arcy, that I needed to go home because my nose hurt and her response was "I've never heard that one before!" I said "It brings new meaning to the phrase 'Cutting my nose off despite my face'." and she said, "Well, it's no skin off my nose!"

2 comments:

Shells said...

That was a really bad comment by your boss!!! What made you decide to do it?

Lexykins said...

I just wanted to get rid of it--it's been bothering me for years!