Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meeting with Friends


This weekend started out as kind of a drag--I was so tired I had to leave my bible study an hour early because I was falling asleep! I slept in on Saturday to catch up on sleep I've already gotten since this past week I've gotten more sleep than I have in months. I started drinking nutritional shakes and I think they are helping my sleep out. Added bonus. :-)
Angie and I met a Redondo Beach Pier to have lunch at El Torito Grill and then we walked from the pier to Avenue I and back (about 3 miles). We had a great time catching up. After meeting with Angie I went back to get ready for working in the nursery at church.
It was a crazy time with only 4 babies, but we had a few criers. I had a great time, though, talking to Heather Nesbit, who I've met before but hadn't really gotten to know. The crying and the shakes must have gotten to me because I was asleep by 10pm (never happens!)
I had to get up early this morning to attend a children's ministries training session. We had to write our name on a cardboard puzzle piece and draw things that define us. Then we had to talk about "serious" stuff. It was nice to meet some new people.
After that I went to get gas and wash my car--it was so dirty! From there I drove to Berri's Playa Cafe in Playa del Rey to meet with my old friend, Jenn Yale, pictured above. She and I have known each other for about 10 years. That is unbelievable. We met in Boston, while working at Boston Medical Center (she was a consultant). I helped convince her to move to California to persue her writing career and she is doing just that. I am very proud of her. Now she's the one that bugs me about my writing. :-P Apparently, after writing this post, I need to do some. Ta for now.

2 comments:

Shells said...

I'm glad you two finally got together!!!! And Angie too! I miss our walks on the beach!!

Ginny said...

I think we've known each other about 10 years, too. It really doesn't feel like 10 years, though! Sometimes it feels like only yesterday that we were in Boston. I'm glad you have a blog! Thanks for checking in on mine (or, Grace's, I guess). :)