Friday, December 12, 2008

Holiday Luncheon

This year I was part of my company's holiday luncheon committee and I was actually able to go to the luncheon this year (last year I was out of town).

I worked with Trisha Parker, our receptionist, on the prizes. HCP gives each employee a $10 gift card to either Jamba Juice, Starbucks or In-n-Out. I can't just hand out a plain ol' gift card, so I put them in red envelopes, had the admin. assistant for account, Lynn, create labels and then I individually tied ribbon into bows on over 100 of these envelopes. I did 50 one night and stayed up until 1am (I watched "White Christmas" while I did the bows to get myself in the Christmas mood). I ran out of Christmas ribbon, so I had to go to Michael's the next day to get more. I did the other 50 during work. I was so tired of it, I asked Nhi to help me a bit. I was so relieved to finish!



The luncheon was nice, but very short. We started at 1pm and ended at 2:30! After the buffet lunch, we did a Christmas crossword game with each table--my table couldn't figure out three! I am not very good at those things. Here's a picture of Reid (one of my bosses) trying to figure out one of clues. The woman to his right is another V.P., Jeannine Bonesteele. We also had a raffle for various denominations of AMEX giftcards ($50, $75, $100 and $250).


Since I left for home directly from the Virginia Country Club, I decided to call my friend, Shelley, who lives in Peru. I hadn't talked to her in awhile so it was nice to catch up! We talked about my plans to visit her. Most likely I'll go in February and we'll be going to northern Peru for "Carnival"! Yay!

1 comment:

PH Ben said...

Ma-CHU Pi-CHU...sounds like a fun trip. Take lots of pictures.