Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rest of the Weekend

The rest of my weekend was pretty busy. Saturday morning I was tortured with my deep tissue massage--my S.I. joint is giving me troubles. As I write this, my lower back feels bruised, which is common the day after my massage. I had to run errands afterwards...I was happy to find a Trader Joe's that had the hamburger patties I like, so I stocked up! I had tried two other TJ's before finding one that was stocked.

Saturday night I went to the King's Harbor service. This past Wednesday, I started going to a new bible study and that bible study was asked to light the third Sunday in Advent candle, the candle of joy. We all said a part of the ceremony. I read part of the reading from the book of John, I read chapter 1:1-7: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it. There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. "

I thought it went well. Afterwards Darcy, Lisa and Bryan and I went to see the Sleepy Hollow area of Torrance. This area is known for the extravagant light displays. I tried to take a picture of the lights, but this was the result:
So, instead, I took pictures of the people in the car (that I could get at). Here's Darcy driving:
Here's Bryan (the only guy in our bible study):
We had fun, but I was so tired afterwards that I didn't end up going to the housewarming party I was supposed to go to. I did end up dropping off a little something for the hostess the next day.

Sunday was my chore day. I had to do laundry and dishes, etc. When I was finally done with laundry, I got ready for more errands. I had to go to several places, but my final destination was Angie and Gretchen's for an ornament exchange party.

I made stuffed mushrooms. While I was making them I realized that the last time I had made them was 10 years ago at my first tree trimming party in Boston. I remember how Ginny had come even though she wasn't able to make our regular bible study because she was working an extra job. Jamie and Seona were also there and so many others. It amazes me that it was 10 years ago!

All the ladies in attendance at the ornament exchange had a good time. I ended up with a Hallmark collector's ornament of a gingerbread man-in-the-box ornament. After the ornament exchange we played a 10 minute game of bunco (of sorts). We had a lot of fun.

Here is Colleen picking out an ornament (she picked the one I brought):

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Wow--I can't believe that was ten years ago either. And I hated that second job, btw. And just imagine what I'd have missed if I loved it and hadn't ever gone to your Bible study. God does know what He's doing. :)

I'm glad you got the bows finished. :)