Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church and Pei Wei

Friday night I was able to make my bible study in Redondo Beach and we had a great time discussing Acts. We are nearing the end of our study of the book, so we are praying about what to study next. We'll probably study 1 Corinthians and go straight through Paul's letters.

I had to rush out at 9pm because I was meeting my friend, Angie, at Rolling Hills AMC to see "He's Just Not That Into You". It was raining a little bit when I got there, but not too bad. The rain must have frightened people away because I was able to find a spot pretty easily. Angie was already there and she had brought Gretchen along.

The movie was funny and I can tell you I related to most people in the story, but most notably Drew Barrymore's character who seems to get rejected over 7 different technologies which is the way of the dating world nowadays.

Saturday morning I had my bi-monthly massage, which was much needed. My lower back had been hurting the latter part of the week and at the gym on Thursday I had attempted a back bend (which I did with no problem a week before) and I pulled a muscle in my upper back. Julie had to really use some elbow grease to work on my tight muscles, as did Dr. Yu, the chiropractor. I felt good after I left, although I'm a little sore today (which is common).

This is Hermosa beach pier. I figured I should add some pictures (which I did not take) to illustrate what I see when I go on my walks.

After that I went walking/running along Hermosa Beach. I thought I had found a solution to my foot and shin pain by doing knee to chest motions for 20 reps every so often. It seemed to help me on Saturday, but today was a different story. Today I went from Manhattan Beach to Hermosa and back, but I wasn't able to make it all the way to Hermosa pier because my shins were killing me. I rotated between walking/running/knees to chest/lunges to try and mix it up. I burned a good amount of calories doing that so I hope I made up for my decrease in distance.

After that I went home and got ready for a day of lounging and errand running. I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" while waiting for my laundry and organizing some papers while I was at it. After laundry was done I went to the mall to pick up a thing or two and then I went straight from there to church.

The church service was great. Chris (the pastor) was really fired up for whatever reason and they turned the lights up more this service. One of my pet peeves is that the service is dark most of the time. It is rather annoying that sometimes they leave it dark when you are supposed to be looking at the bulletin, filling out your tithe check or sometimes they've left it dark when you are trying to greet your neighbor! How can you get to know them if you can't see them? Anyway, it seemed much better with the lights on. Oh, the other reason why I don't like it is because I am very sensitive to light and it makes me feel sleepy!

I was really happy that Jenn sat with me and the group finally! She also went with us to Pei Wei afterwards. Chris is trying to get the church to know one another so they designate a place to go after service. This week is was Pei Wei, which is the fast food version of P.F. Chang's. Nicole, Jenn, Chris and I, along with Corinne and Patrick Jackson (this couple I had met a couple of month's ago and started attending my Friday night bible study). I tried these Vietnamese Chicken Salad rolls and edamame, which were delicious.

As I mentioned I went for a walk, etc. at Manhattan Beach today. Boy am I feeling it. I don't know if it's the extra weight I am trying to lose or if it's just old age. ;-)



Above is Manhattan Beach Pier (I didn't take this or the below picture either).

This is Manhattan Beach in the morning.

No comments: