Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Alas, another Valentine's Day...but this year I have a sweet valentine--my 3 year old nephew, Sebastian, who agreed to be mine this year. :-)


My weekend started out with working late on Friday night because one of my staff is going on vacation next week and she have several schedules to finish and I had to review them to make sure there were no other changes necessary. I rushed out the door at 8:05 (with one more schedule to do...but I told her I'd take care of it) because I had to meet some gals at the movies to watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" at 8:50. I made it there just in time and had a fun time watching this comedy with 6 other ladies: Lisa, Nicole, Darcy, Jennifer, Angie and another girl who I've met once but can't for the life of me remember her name. Starts with a 'c'. Ah well.

The movie was funny and very endearing. You can't help but love the main character and fall for her love interest, Luke. As we were walking out I reminded the girls about the hike the next day.
I was planning on working out in the morning before the hike, but I really needed to catch up on my sleep. I did get up early enough to get a 16 oz. Jamba Juice Strawberry Nirvana with a Soy protein boost, my ultimate favorite. I did eat breakfast, but I new I would have to drink this right before the hike to stave off a hypoglycemic epidsode. 5 of us ended up going: Nicole, Darcy, Gretchen, Chris (this guy that on a whim decided to come) and myself. We carpooled up together and met the hiking group.
Gretchen and Chris with me in the back seat.

We were all very surprised at how many people there were: at least 50, maybe even 60. Gretchen and I were surprised to see Ken there, a guy we knew from our TNT days. It was a great hike, although parts were quite challenging, only from the standpoint of the incline, as it was a smooth ground hike (no rocks, etc to contend with). As promised, the hike had a great view of the city and the Hollywood sign.

The last lookout point we went to produced the "Ollywoo" sign. Had to take a picture of that!

After the hike, we went to Griffith Observatory. Our original plan was to have lunch in the cafe but, after literally walking around the entire thing trying to find the cafe, we decided the line was too long and we'd get food on the way home.


We decided on Fatburger.


The hike took a lot out of us and made us starving because there was little conversation when we got our food! I had a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo...which was surprisingly easy for me to ask to exclude) and fat fries (steak fries). I also had a diet coke but it wasn't enough to drink I was so thirsty! My pedometer had logged over 16,000 steps that day and it was only 4pm by the time we got back!

Nicole dropped everyone off at the church parking lot where we met, but I went with her and Darcy back to her house to hang out and get ready for church at 6pm. Church was great, of course. They had some of the kids up there singing during worship.

Afterwards we went to El Tarasco for dinner. While we were there we discussed various social events we are going to plan for our new group B.A.S.I.C -Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

No comments: