Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl

Today I went to Angie and Gretchen's for a superbowl party for the girls--so there wasn't much watching of the game and more talking about what's going on in everyone's lives. Don't get me wrong--we followed along on the game, but it wasn't a play by play kind of thing.
I brought two things:

1) Three Bean Salad. My mom used to make this, although I used Brianna's Blush Wine Viniagrette instead of catalina or french dressing.




2) Jason Edward's "Rugged Hiker's Dessert". Years ago I went over to Jason Edward's place for a dinner he was hosting and he had this as the dessert. On a whim I decided to make it--it's a delicious mixture of vanilla yogurt, peaches, honey and grapenuts.
Colleen was out of town for her birthday, so a bunch of us brought her gifts.

Here is a picture of all of us except Angie. I asked her to take the picture because she was avoiding the camera all night, so I figured it was best to ask her to take the picture. I forget what she said, but it made me laugh. Tania is holding a football themed plate to prove that it was a Superbowl party!

From left to right: Colleen, me, Gretchen, Tania and Deanne.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I love 3 bean salad. :) I bet you girls had a great time! I only caught the last couple of minutes of the game, myself. Grace persuaded her daddy to let her watch Dragon Tails during half-time. :)