Sunday, February 8, 2009

Comfort in a Crowd

This afternoon I got really bored. I had already gone to Trader Joe's and picked up groceries and I was just sitting at home, wondering if I should go to Target like I had said I would. So, I went and got a few things. I had originally planned to go to Target and then see another movie since I was bored.

Target is right next to the South Bay Galleria so I drove over and got in line to buy a ticket but all of a sudden I decided against it. I was feeling a bit hypoglycemic, so I decided to hit the food court and got myself a teriyaki chicken skewer for a protein boost. I sat down and started reading "He's Just Not That Into You" which I got at Target. I had just seen the movie and agreed that most women (and myself over the years) have tried to make something into nothing when it comes to these relationships, so I figured I should really get it into my head so I don't slip up and get into that cycle. So far, I like the writer's tone and style.

While I was sitting there reading, I realized I could read at home, but I felt somewhat comforted being in a crowded food court, even though those around me were all strangers. I guess it's my extroverted self coming out...the part that likes to be around people more than being alone. I rarely need alone time, but of course I get too much of that these days. A couple hours every night is PLENTY.

But even though I felt more comforted in the crowd, I decided I should be at home organizing my bedroom and trying to find the pamphlet I promised my Friday night bible study I'd find. So that's what I'm doing--trying to be productive. :-)

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I wish we were closer so we could've seen that movie together. I miss our movie nights!

Lexykins said...

Yeah, I miss our movie nights, too!