Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interview at HVR and Laguna Beach with John

Yesterday was a busy day! I spent the late morning/afternoon at my ENT doctor's office for my monthly check up after "braving" the mild California rain. From there I drove to downtown Fullerton for an interview with Hidden Villa Ranch, a grocery distributing business. The interview was for a consulting position for a couple of weeks to verify the financial statements of another company for a potential disposition/sale. I thought the interview went pretty well, but I am not sure my experience suits the job that needs to be done. We will see.

After the interview, I drove down to San Clemente to meet John at his office at Worship Leader magazine. I arrived about 5pm, in time to meet a few of his coworkers, including Judi (John's office mate) and Jeremy. One of their vendors was a few minutes late for their meeting so I was lucky enough to see John in action. I was fascinated with the creative decisions that need to be carried out in order for customers/subscribers to keep coming back. The meeting didn't take long so we were on our way.

First stop was Crescent Bay Park in Laguna Beach. The views from this area were phenomenal! We (okay John had to point them out to me) saw some harbor seals along several large rocks off shore (which are fittingly called "seal rock").
After the wonderful view points here, we went and had dinner at Natraj Cuisine of India along Pacific Coast Highway. We owned the place practically and not surprisingly since it was a Wednesday night. The food was delicious and the company delectable. :) We walked back to the car, but not before stopping at a little bakery to check out the goodies we were too full to purchase!

On the side street where we were parked, we passed an art gallery that John and I both agreed would probably be out of business soon. One of the "sculptures" on display looked like large bushels of broccoli. I was so entranced by this "art" that I didn't realize I was stepping down and had to utilize my reflexes and by John's help, I did not fall flat on my face! ;)

John and I then drove to the pathway that runs along the cliffs with spectacular views of the beach and bay. We walked along the lovely grounds and enjoyed each others company. It was a perfect night--it was no longer raining, but the skies were relatively clear...it wasn't too chilly either so we were able to walk along without a care in the world. :)

1 comment: