Monday, October 5, 2009

Just call me Gimpy

Apparently ice cream is bad for my health in more ways than one! Not only will it add inches to my waistline, but it makes my muscles tighten-up so much from the repetitive motion of scooping it out that it causes my hip flexers and abductor muscles to be in pain and have a hard time even lifting my right leg!

It's a hard realization that I am no longer 22 years old! I had to go to the Pro-Active Wellness Center to see my chiropractor, Dr. Perry. He examined me and worked on me a little bit before having Julie, the best massage therapist I've met, work on my tightened muscles. I'm not gonna lie--the massage session was no walk in the park. There were a few pressure points that were excruciating, but I'd rather have the pain while my muscles are being loosened than deal with the original pain of the problem because I don't want it to get worse.

Once Julie was finished with me, I went back to Dr. Perry. He worked on my abductor muscles which he realized (once Julie worked on one muscle that wasn't the problem) were the main source of the problem. Boy, some of the movements he had me doing were horrible--I almost cried! But I braved it and now I am on the mend, I think. I have to ice the area and then take it easy for the next couple of days (that means I can't exercise for a couple of days).

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Who knew volunteering could be so dangerous? :) I'm glad you're on the mend. We'll have to catch up sometime soon!

Love,
Ginny