Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ornament Exchange 2009

Last night was Angie's annual ornament exchange party. I think this is the 5th or 6th year and I have fun every year!

I decided to make baked brie in puffy pastry, but I modified the recipes by having one filled with raspberry jam and the other with brown sugar and pecans. Unfortunately the puff pastry came apart at the seam on the raspberry one so a big gooey mess resulted. I was able to salvage most of it, but they weren't as attractive, but no less delicious.

The ornament exchange is similar to a white elephant exchange, except the ornaments are generally nice. There was a little bit of "snatching" going on, but not too much. I ended up with 3 santa ornaments that are red and white which will go well with my tree!
Here is Gretchen showing the ornament she took from Angie and then Angie took back!

After the ornament exchange, we played Bunco. We played with two die and you had to get doubles in order to grab one of three bags that were available as prices. If you get doubles after the bags are in play, you have to choose one to grab from someone else. It is a lot of fun!


At the end of the night we badgered a young unsuspecting neighbor to take a group picture and then Tania forced him to take some food with him (we had so much left over!)

No comments: