Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day started with several "Happy Valentine's Day" texts from friends and family. I leisurely woke up and decided to go to the 11am service at King's Harbor. It was tough for me to go since I had already gone to a Friday night thing at "Little King's Harbor", but I decided it would be good for me. Boy was I right! Chris Cannon's sermon was exactly what God wanted me to hear.

I ran into a few people I know and it was nice to catch up with them and wish them a happy Valentine's day!

I went back to my apartment and watched a movie and made sure the cupcakes I made for that evening looked presentable. I had purchased a set of cupcake stencils that I was dying to try out--they were all in the shape of hearts. Welp, Martha Stewart I ain't. ;) I realized as I was attempting this, that stencils work best on flat surfaces. Well, cupcakes aren't generally flat. So, although I tried all the designs, most of the cupcakes ended up being all red sprinkles! They at least tasted decent (they were moist, chocolate cupcakes).
The BASIC bowling event started at 6pm. I brought the cupcakes and Nicole brought heart-shaped rice crispy treats and decorated sugar cookies.
There were a ton of people that ended up coming. We had 3 church groups represented which was great! It was a nice mix of people and everyone seemed to have a great time.


As I have promised friends in the past, I try to add a picture of me in the mix. Here is a picture of my friend, Jesse, and I. He is from the same neighborhood as I was growing up. He is the same age as my brother, Todd. They used to hang out here and there back in the day.


Here are a few other people at the event:
It was a guy named Chris's birthday, so Nicole brought a candle and we all sang "Happy Birthday!" to him. Here he is blowing out the candle:

No comments: