Friday, June 5, 2009

New Jersey Trip Day 1

I am finally finding time to blog about my trip to New Jersey! I flew into Newark on Friday, May 22nd to spend several days with my good friends, Ginny and Hock Ng. I met both Ginny and Hock in our bible study through Park Street Cafe back in 1998/99. I connected with Ginny so easily because she is such a great listener and a sweet disposition. Later on she became one of my roommates (along with Jamie) and we lived together for the year prior to her marrying Hock and moving to New Jersey.

Ginny and Hock have a 4 year old daughter, Grace, who is a sweetheart and a big ball of energy!

The first day I was there we went to the Jersey shore. Here are Ginny and Grace getting ready just in case it was warm enough to go on the beach.

Unfortunately it was too cold, but it surprised me to realize that you have to pay to get on the beach in NJ! I don't think Californians would have any of that!

The Jersey Shore has a ton of fun rides for the kids (and adults!) to go on. Here we are on the Crazy Bus!

Grace has a fun time on the motorcycle ride!
Hock and Grace went on this ride together. Hock cheered with glee as it went up and down!



Here is the Ng family by the shore:

Here are Ginny and I at the Jersey shore:


After going on some rides and walking on the boardwalk, we drove to Orange Grove for dinner at Zogler's Apathocary Cafe. Before dinner, however, we walked around the town and Ginny and Hock pointed out the tent houses that exist there. Yes, there are houses that are covered in tents for living in during the summer!
We had a wonderful day!

No comments: