Sunday, September 20, 2009

Copper Creek Inn with Sarah


My friend, Sarah, who lives in Seattle, drove down to Spanaway to have dinner with me. As we were driving out, she noticed the spectacular view of Mt. Rainier and wanted to know if I was up for driving the 40+ miles to get there. I said "Sure!" We went to the Copper Creek Inn Restaurant that sits at the bottom of the ascent to the top of Mt. Rainier.

This restaurant is know for it's blackberry dressing, perserves and of course, their pies! I was only tempted enough to try the dressing, though. It was very good.

After dinner, Sarah and I drove about half way through the national park to get a better view of the peak. I wasn't prepared for hiking and it was too dark to dare go out, but we did stop at a viewpoint to take the view in. It was breaktaking!

No comments: