Monday, September 28, 2009

Saturday Night Live

I woke up Saturday morning for my last half day with family. We had a nice morning and ended with lunch, which included the Lefse we had purchased at Sluy's bakery. It was yummy.


It was time for me to give hugs and kisses and it was tearful, especially Rebecca. But I will be back!


My flight was on time and I was resigned to just read the book I brought, even though I wasn't all that into it. Instead, after a few minutes I started a very fun conversation with the guy sitting next to me. We talked about everything it seemed. He was originally from a city near where I live but now he lives in Palm Springs with his wife. It was a nice way to pass the time on a flight. I love meeting new people!


Apparently, our conversation caught the attention of a man and he tried to pick me up as everyone walked to baggage claim. He was pretty persistent, even when I fibbed and said I had a boyfriend. He insisted that I put his number in my phone. Unbelievable! ;-)


Angie picked me up and dropped me off so that I could unpack and get ready for dancing! A group of us met at the Lighthouse on Pier Ave in Hermosa Beach. Angie had convinced a few people to dress in '80s garb. Eric took the cake in his 1983 UCLA jogging suit. The wig and the 'stache where awesome!

Shelley and I ended up going outside to get some air and when we got back everyone had decided to go home. So Shelley and I went to the bar to get hard drinks--like gingerale and water, no ice. While we were there a guy named Chris started picking up on Shelley. My role was wingman...Chris had a cousin. The band came up and played their 3rd set of fun 80's music. Both Shelley and I danced for a few songs with these guys and then left.

I had a fun conversation with the head bouncer while I was waiting for Shelley and Chris (number exchange). He thought I had an accent! I think he heard some of the Boston accent come out (sometimes I saying things that sound Bostonian). :-)

Shelley and I decided to have a slice at Piasano's, which is a short walk from Pier Ave. The pizza hit the spot!

No comments: